The Admissions Policy for the school is available on the Policies page of the Key Information Tab or click the link below.
JFK Academy as part of the Learning in Harmony Academy Trust will only admit pupils where the Academy is named in the Local Authority (LA) EHC Plan or Statement. However in circumstances agreed with the LA’s it may be necessary to make an emergency placement which will be considered on an individual basis whilst a Statutory Assessment for a plan is carried out.
If your child has special educational needs or difficulties please contact the SEN Team for help with finding a school place.
Special Educational Needs Section
Children & Young People's Services
1000 Dockside Road
London E16 2QU
Tel: 020 8430 2000
Some of our students may need help with transport to/from school. Please contact 020 8430 3949 to find out more.
For information regarding Secondary Schools and the transfer form Primary to Secondary please see below
Mainstream Schools - Secondary Transfer Information
Key messages for parent/carers
- Attending open evening
- Parent/carers should be encouraged to attend as many open evening as possible not just those of the schools they are thinking of naming as a preference. What they experience may result in different schools being preferred.
Promoting online applications
- Electronic receipt is issued on submission of a completed application.
- No postal problems which can lead to an application going astray or arriving after the closing date which means it will be processed as 'late'.
- Facility to easily change application information up to the PAN London closing dates.
- No concerns with regarding to misinterpretation of handwriting.
- Outcome of application can be accessed on-line on national offer day, rather than waiting for letter which cannot be posted until offer day.
- 31 October 2017 - national closing day and deadline for applying on-line (11.59pm)
- 31 October 2017 - deadline for the supplementary information forms (SIF) for St. Angela's and St. Bonaventure's (this is the date the form must be received by the school not the date posted).
Checking their application and applying by the closing date
- Reminders must be given of the importance of checking their application before submission especially for sibling details
- Families must be reminded of the closing date and it’s importance – as a late application significantly reduces your chances of gaining a place in a preferred school. In Newham historically most schools have all their places offered before late applicants are considered.
Eadmissions school enquiry line
020 3373 2719